Big & Little - How To Make The Most Out Of This Special Bond
Big/Little season is upon us. It is a time when older members are chosen to have a special bond and relationship with a new member. Big/Little a sisterly/brotherly love shared between two members. Bigs are special members who are chosen to guide, mentor, and love on littles through their first semester, initiation, and through the struggles of college in general. It is a special friendship designed to feel more like family. There are always special ways to make your big/little feel loved. Maybe you aren't or weren't the closest with your big/little before the reveal and now you want to be their best friend and create that special bond. Or maybe you and your big/little have had a special bond in the past and you both have faded away a little, and that big/little fire needs to be re-kindled! Either way and whatever the case may be, here are some helpful tips to make the most out of your big/little bond:
- Eat together! Go to breakfast, lunch, or dinner with your big/little once per week. Whether its at the dining hall or out somewhere, make that time for each other and you'll look forward to it!
- Weekly coffee dates: a coffee shop break is always needed, so why not share it with your big/little?
- Study dates: study/do homework together.
- Shopping trips: ask them to go shopping with you!
- Gym sessions: instead of going to the gym alone, ask them to come with you!
- Facetime sessions: if you're away from each other, reach out via facetime!
- Go to events together and get ready together!
- Join a club together.
- Go out together on the weekends.
Top 5 Bid Day Themes!
Check out our list of the Top 5 Bid Day Themes via Pinterest!
Check out our Pinterest board "bid day" for more themes and ideas!
- Andrew Carreon
Surviving Spring Semester - The Ultimate Guide!
It's Spring (more like WINTER) semester and some of us are already hopping on the struggle bus. Trust me, I know exactly how it feels to get behind on a few things and then end up feeling like there is a giant pile of things to do sitting right in front of your face. It can be very overwhelming to be a college student who is involved in a million+ other things as well! It's a crazy time to be a student while also having to engage in your social life and create a good name for yourself!
I've got some tips for you to help you get through the Spring semester with ease and stress-free (or maybe just a little less stress-free than normal). These definitely helped me when I was in college, so I know they will help you balance things out!
10 tips for surviving Spring semester:
- Buy a new planner. It's totally worth it to have a planner for the new semester and throw out your old one that's been sitting at the bottom of your backpack since last December.
- Give yourself personal time and space. You don't have to try to be perfect 24/7. Sometimes you need time to yourself. This is a key to having good mental health as well.
- Exercise or do yoga. Free your mind while you do this and sweat out those toxins and negative thoughts! You will feel so much better about yourself, too.
- Refrain yourself from taking on too many tasks and spreading yourself thin. It feels great to be in a leadership position, but not everyone has the time to commit to one. Re-evaluate your time and schedule to make sure you can really commit to something before you start it, including relationships!
- Cut out unhealthy snacks during study times and relaxing times. Or even when you're just eating out of pure boredom! (as if you will have a lot of down time....)
- Make sure you are letting yourself get plenty of rest! This is a must for college students. On average, most college students get 6 - 6.9 hours of sleep per night, and the college years are notoriously sleep-deprived due to an overload of activities. (UGA Health Center)
- Take your vitamins, especially vitamin C! Winter is the key season when sickness and germs are easily spread around because everyone is cooped up inside, breathing the same air and touching the same things all day. Try to keep your immune system in tact and keep yourself as healthy as possible.
- Keep a countdown tracker app on your phone. Set countdown updates for events like spring break, formal, last day of classes, graduation... etc.
- Reward yourself every now and then for how hard you are working!
- Tell your friends to help you keep track of your goals. You can easily be encouraged by people who love you and your friends can help you by encouraging you to achieve your goals every day and every week! For example: if your goal is to get a 4.0 this semester, ask your friends to help you go to the library and study at least 3 times per week! They can go with you and you can all grab dinner after. Friends are the best!
- Andrew Carreon
- Tags: Spring Semester
Brand Rep Program!
Attention all greek life members!
Are you interested in becoming a brand rep for Sorority Shop? If so, please DM us on Instagram or Facebook! Our brand reps will receive a package of greek life merchandise with their letters!
A little about our brand program:
- Reps are required to post a minimum amount of times
- They must tag us and our hashtag #shopyourletters in all posts.
- Reps must send us their photos so we can also post and tag them!
- Sharing is the best way to get the name out there! So reps must share our instagram handle with their chapters and on campus as well.
We are so excited to begin growing our brand rep program and are looking for anywhere between 5-10 more people from different organizations to join!
We are looking for reps from all greek organizations, chapters, and fraternities/sororities!
- Andrew Carreon
- Tags: Brand Reps
Bid Day Essentials!
BID DAY ESSENTIALS
Bid day is the MOST FUN part of recruitment! Give your new members the most memorable experience by adding some Sorority Shop gift items to their bid day bags!
What would be more perfect than a greek letter Popsocket or Glitter Koala Pouch for every one of your new members??
No matter your bid day theme, Sorority letter black eye decals are a perfect addition for everyone in the chapter!
- Andrew Carreon
- Tags: Bid Day
Americasmart ATL & an announcement!
This past Wednesday we visited Americasmart ATL for the January 2019 Gift & Home show! It was a great experience and we got to meet many of our customers who buy our products in wholesale. We want to recognize a few stores who we chatted with!
- McCartney's (Dallas, TX) @mccartneysuniversityspirit
- Brown Bag Etc. (Fort Worth, TX) @brownbagetc
- University Spirit (Athens, GA) @universityspirit_athens
Thanks for chatting with us and we enjoyed meeting with you!
Also, all University Spirit members get 10% off wholesale purchases in the month of January! Email Stefanie Blechman (email@example.com) for any questions about wholesale!
And an exciting announcement...
NEW PRODUCTS LAUNCHING SOON!
Stay tuned in on our social media posts for updates on new product launches!
- Andrew Carreon