Surviving Spring Semester - The Ultimate Guide!
It's Spring (more like WINTER) semester and some of us are already hopping on the struggle bus. Trust me, I know exactly how it feels to get behind on a few things and then end up feeling like there is a giant pile of things to do sitting right in front of your face. It can be very overwhelming to be a college student who is involved in a million+ other things as well! It's a crazy time to be a student while also having to engage in your social life and create a good name for yourself!
I've got some tips for you to help you get through the Spring semester with ease and stress-free (or maybe just a little less stress-free than normal). These definitely helped me when I was in college, so I know they will help you balance things out!
10 tips for surviving Spring semester:
- Buy a new planner. It's totally worth it to have a planner for the new semester and throw out your old one that's been sitting at the bottom of your backpack since last December.
- Give yourself personal time and space. You don't have to try to be perfect 24/7. Sometimes you need time to yourself. This is a key to having good mental health as well.
- Exercise or do yoga. Free your mind while you do this and sweat out those toxins and negative thoughts! You will feel so much better about yourself, too.
- Refrain yourself from taking on too many tasks and spreading yourself thin. It feels great to be in a leadership position, but not everyone has the time to commit to one. Re-evaluate your time and schedule to make sure you can really commit to something before you start it, including relationships!
- Cut out unhealthy snacks during study times and relaxing times. Or even when you're just eating out of pure boredom! (as if you will have a lot of down time....)
- Make sure you are letting yourself get plenty of rest! This is a must for college students. On average, most college students get 6 - 6.9 hours of sleep per night, and the college years are notoriously sleep-deprived due to an overload of activities. (UGA Health Center)
- Take your vitamins, especially vitamin C! Winter is the key season when sickness and germs are easily spread around because everyone is cooped up inside, breathing the same air and touching the same things all day. Try to keep your immune system in tact and keep yourself as healthy as possible.
- Keep a countdown tracker app on your phone. Set countdown updates for events like spring break, formal, last day of classes, graduation... etc.
- Reward yourself every now and then for how hard you are working!
- Tell your friends to help you keep track of your goals. You can easily be encouraged by people who love you and your friends can help you by encouraging you to achieve your goals every day and every week! For example: if your goal is to get a 4.0 this semester, ask your friends to help you go to the library and study at least 3 times per week! They can go with you and you can all grab dinner after. Friends are the best!
- Tags: Spring Semester
- Andrew Carreon