Giving Back for the Holidays
There are hundreds of things on your to-do list and for your chapter to do before winter break approaches. But have you thought about giving back as a chapter?
Outside of your normal philanthropic efforts, giving back to the community during the holidays is one of the best things to do as a whole chapter. Get your members together and discuss these ideas before heading out and back home for Christmas and New Year's celebrations:
- Find a local family in need of Christmas gifts for their kids: donate toys, clothes, Christmas decorations, or whatever they might be in need of.
- Winter clothing drive: have a box in the cafeteria of your school and in your fraternity's house or meeting place. Ask members or make a sign asking for donations for winter clothing such as gloves, scarves, fuzzy socks, ear muffs...etc. Donate these to a local charity where they will be put to good use.
- Toy drive: have a box in the cafeteria of your school and in your fraternity's house or meeting place. Ask members or make a sign asking for small toy donations for a local charity (ex: Boys and Girls Club, YMCA...etc)
- Donate blankets and toys to the local animal shelter and spend a few hours volunteering with the animals.
- Go and sing carols to a senior citizen community. This is a fun and humbling experience for everyone!
- Andrew Carreon